What is the difference between XLM and XRP ?

This is where we answer the questions commonly asked of us.
Rayon de soleil

What is the difference between XLM and XRP ?

Post by Rayon de soleil »

As far as I understand, XRP is nothing else than GOLD which we can buy digitally and exchange as a currency (in a near future we'll be able to go shopping and pay in XRP). Is XLM also gold ? It is the currency one can buy on a Stellar Wallet account. What is its value ? Or is it silver ? What is the best website to have a look on the fluctuations of the prices of those two currencies during years or months ? How are they supposed to evolve ? What is the best way to put poney in this new system ? Which part of the money do you suggest one place in buying assets of companies ? Which ones ? How to know ? Thank you very much for your hard work.
God Is Govt
LOCATION (State/Country): IA/USA

Re: What is the difference between XLM and XRP ?

Post by God Is Govt »

This is what I have heard: XRP is supposed to be gold-backed and XLM is supposed to be silver-backed.
I prefer using a hardware wallet.  They are more secure than what is called software wallet (no hardware).  There's Exodus and LedgerLive, that I know of.  There may be others.  I don't suggest Lobstr, because there's no hardware wallet for that system.  Also, watch out for scammers on Telegram that highly suggest putting your assets into a VAULT because of the collapse of the banking system (not qfs).  They will take your assets and run.  I fell for it and need to warn others about it.  I prefer to use Exodus because of how I have to open LedgerLive with Linux.  I use Linux because it's generally more secure than Windows and Mac.
Lina Winer
LOCATION (State/Country): MS/USA

Re: What is the difference between XLM and XRP ?

Post by Lina Winer »

I purchased a Nano Ledger Device for $79. from Best Buys I had a lot of trouble trying to set it up and returned it immediately. Not to mention the customer service sucked. It was a disrespectful encounter and I ended up threatening them with reporting them to a senior abuse group.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:11 am.