Gmeiutility

This is where we answer the questions commonly asked of us.
eransch

Gmeiutility

Post by eransch »

Hello everybody. Have recently entered my Swiss Social Security Nr with - between the number blocks, and got a response with 357 records. Have no clue what to do with it, how to go about it further. Has anybody else any further information? Think we all like to know how, where and when.
Thank you Peter and Billy for your effort with these shows and forum. Hope to get an useful echo.
Regards
Ernst
Newenvies

Re: Gmeiutility

Post by Newenvies »

Hi there,
I too would like to know more, ...
Kind regards,
Newenvies
mariankris
LOCATION (State/Country): Colorado/USA

Post by mariankris »

I am a new forum member, and the thread Gmeiutility immediately caught my eye.  Here is my experience and limited knowledge.

Last October I became aware of the GMEI Utility website.  I entered my US Social Security number (with dashes).  Up popped about 10 pages of line item information, apparently  related to me and my social security number (501 total accounts listed).  As a test, I entered other social security numbers that I knew, and the results were different.  The accounts do appear to be linked to a specific social security number.

The line item information was just an account number, contact organization and address, and status, no indication of dollar value for whatever the account was (bonds, I assume).

For lack of any other useful thing to do, I copied and pasted the results (page by page from the website) onto an Excel spreadsheet.  And then, I went and did the same for the other social security numbers (spouse and parents).   My father had the most accounts listed (almost 7,000), so that puts my own paltry results of 501 into perspective.  Interestingly, my mother (who has been dead for 43 years) had 3,576 accounts listed last fall, 1813 of which are STILL ACTIVE!  She was a housewife with children, who was only employed part time for perhaps 10 years in her whole life.  I guess being unemployed or dead doesn't really matter once the social security number has been generated...

I'm glad I took the time to put the info into Excel.  Apparently, there are lots of curious folks out there, bumbling around and asking too many questions.  When I checked back on the website a couple of months ago, everything was different.  This time, it was difficult to find the search page, and when I did the results were limited to a total of 100 account numbers per social security number.  It appears that the majority of information that was available on this website is now hidden!

Entering other identifying numbers (birth certificate, for example) did not yield any information on this site.  Only social security numbers.

I don't know how helpful this actually is, but perhaps we will all know more in the near future...

Blessings,
mariankris

These users thanked the author mariankris for the post:
Jimmy Chocco
Rating: 11.11%

sanman53_
LOCATION (State/Country): LA/USA

Post by sanman53_ »

Same here. It is harder to get into and accounts are limited to 100. Not exactly sure what they do with them, but I know they are making money off them. Are we not going to get some or all of this back?
Rindy123+
LOCATION (State/Country): Arizona/Maricopa

Post by Rindy123+ »

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am most disturbed by the mother who passed away 43 years ago yet still active accounts. What is being done with these ss #’s. Smart putting info into an excel file. 

sanman53_
LOCATION (State/Country): LA/USA

Post by sanman53_ »

I've had the same experience with SS#...100 companies. Hoping we get the money they've evidently made off of us.  
mariankris
LOCATION (State/Country): Colorado/USA

Re: Gmeiutility (Rose, this is for you)

Post by mariankris »

Rose,

I received a private email from you asking about GMEI Utility.  I'm answering you here because I can't find you elsewhere on this thread.  Hopefully, you will see this reply. 

Apparently, the GMEIUtility.org website (which I originally used a year ago with apparently complete results), was replaced by the gmeidtcc.org website (which popped up in January of this year and limited results to 100 per SSN), and that website is now no longer revealing any information.

It has been replaced by https://www.gleif.org//en/lei-data/lei- ... lei-search.  I have no idea how to use the site, and the description is not helpful.  I've been unsuccessful so far, but feel certain that it works (I just don't know how).

Sorry I can't help you more, there seems to be a concerted attempt to hide information, or to make it difficult to find.

Good Luck,
MarianKris

JacintPeter
LOCATION (State/Country): Belgium

Re: Gmeiutility > search.gleif.org

Post by JacintPeter »

Hello,

As you know the site GMEI utility has terminated all of its LEI services.
They redirect you to >

All LEI data is available on the GLEIF website: (https://search.gleif.org/#/search/). For information related to other LEI issuers within the Global LEI System, please visit the GLEIF website: (https://www.gleif.org/en/about-lei/get-an-lei-find-lei-issuing-organizations).

Like others on the forum, I tried to access it with our SSN, but with no success so far. 
Did anyone had any success yet?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Warm regards from Belgium,
Peter & Jacint

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”